Author: Kiera Cass
You know, I never know what to say about this series. I’ve read the first 3 each in less than a day, I’m always anticipating reading the following instalment, and I know I love them beyond belief. But I couldn’t, intellectually, tell you why. They’re so addictive, yet I know that it’s really not good literature! To be honest, I’ve gave up all guilt about loving The Selection long ago, so here’s all the reasons you should read them:
- The characters are so loveable you’ll feel like either your best friends or your children
- The writing is so easy to read – almost no effort required!
- Yet somehow, it messes with your emotions so much that I was audibly suffering
- Romance… romance, romance, romance
- Plot twists! There’s one in this book that hit me square in the chest and sent me flying
- Dystopia meets utopia, the complexity of the morals in this society is so deep, with half the population living in blissful naivety and the other living in painful honesty
- CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
And I could give you so many more. Basically, pick up this series – you’ll love it!