One Sentence Summary:
She’s his BFF’s fireball sister-in-law, & he’s a shy, virgin, Football player with a big ol’ crush.
Name That Trope:
- He Loves Her But She’s ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ About Him
- Bearded, Man-Bun-Having Jason Momoa hero + Outspoken Tinkerbell heroine
- Temporary houseguests = forced proximity
- Long distance relationship FEEEEEEEELINGS!
- Heroine with an identity crisis
What part made you fangirl squeal:
- When our hero Dex worked his infant-magic and, among other things, wore a chest babysling to carry his nephew?!?!?! My ass went Fangirl 9000 over this baby-whisperer gender role reversal!
- When Fiona fucking OWNED her backstabbing co-worker. I’m so here for women standing up to toxic women.
- Literally every single time our man was putty at Fiona’s feet; HE WAS HER SEXY HAPPY-PUPPY!
- The fact that we got a black! gay! football player! When our straight hero shared playful, flirty banter with him because Dex’s masculinity isn’t toxic, fragile, OR homophobic!? I lived.
- How immediately after the One And Only Time hero-hottie majorly fucked up, he owns his fuck up with a genuine, real-ass apology!
FUCK YOU, ME, FOR MAKING ME PICK!
Fiona: Diminutive in size, big in personality! Voices her thirst and her thoughts whenever she feels like it! Is bold! Has Issues™ and opinions! Kicks creative ass!
Dex: Big in size, quiet in personality! Has secret lust and keeps his thoughts to himself! Is restrained! Has Feelings ™ and thirst! Is a secret photorealist painter!
How smexy was the smex?
EXPLODES OVARIES! COMES FOR YOUR LUST! IS HOT!!!! Seriously, this book does it all.
There’s everything from 1st-kiss-turned-public-dry-hump-fun [followed by Dex shutting down Fuck Boys], to a fingerbang session [followed by Dex grinding his horniness against the counter while fixing Fiona breakfast in post-orgasmic bed], to dirty talk, to outdoor beard-on-titty action!
Also did I mention Mr Sensitive Soul Dex has two Frenum piercings?!?! A BITCH WASN’T READY!
Whose Line Is It Anyway:
”Some guys are alpha dogs, snarling and snapping. Dex is more like a silverback gorilla, quietly going about his business until something pisses him off and he gives a warning.”
Dex: God, I love the way you smell.
Fiona: And how do I smell?
Dex: Like happy dreams and well-fucked woman.
“Life is like some messed-up game of Boggle, it shakes us all up and we land where we fall.”
Fiona: I’m just not used to waving my own flag about stuff like that.
Dex: You don’t have to wave your own flag anymore, Fi. That’s my job now. My privilege.
Got any bitching to do?
Yeah. The book ended. So rude, what the fuck?!
Visually Depict Yo Book Feels:
Famous last words:
The Game Plan is a book where neither a synopsis nor a review will do the novel justice. A lot of what sells this crackalicious story are either spoilers, or the simplicity of being in Dex and Fiona’s heads.
But! If you like cinnamon bun heroes with a dirty mouth? If you love force-of-nature heroines struggling with life goals? If you enjoy emotionally driven stories that wreck you in the best way?
Well, my awesome fellow human, then you want this book!
For a more in depth, LOL-fest discussion on romance novels, HERE BE MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
100% all of this! The Game Plan is one of my favs; a five star read.