Here is what I said I would do in 2016:
Ok for real, get these 401Ks handled. 2016 is my year!
And yes, it sucks, but clean out my closets.
See a play. Go to a theater.
Read a m/m romance.
Go to the FDR memorial, finally
Here is what I actually accomplished:
- Uh, 401Ks still a mess.
- Not only cleaned out my closets, but my whole damn apartment! And then I moved!
- Did not see a play. Saw a lot of movies.
- Read a couple of m/m romances, thanks to @bookgeekgrrl‘s recommendations.
- Never went to the FDR memorial. Never went to any memorial, actually. Did go to a museum or two tho.
So… 2 out of 5. That’s kind of lame. But I did a lot of other shit with 2016! I got a new job, moved to a whole new state, read 200+ books, and watched Stranger Things, twice. I mean, good riddance to a shit year, but at least a few things went my way.
What should I do with 2017? Hmm..
- Go on three dates. Gotta make friends and be social in my new home.
- Submit my lesbian romance novel to a publisher.
- When the weather gets good, go swimming once a month!
- Finish my tattoo
- Read at least one book a month written by or starring a person of color
Here is what I accomplished in 2017:
- Went on 0 dates. Had one friend date with colleagues from work. Yeah, I suck at this socializing thing.
- Hahaha, submitting my book would mean finishing it and instead I decided to re-write the whole thing for Nanowrimo. Now I’m reconsidering the ending. But not actually writing it.
- I actually went to the beach! Not every month, but at least 3-4 times over the Spring and Summer!
- Tattoo finished! No, you can’t see it!
- I did not keep to the one book a month rule. Some months I read many books, others I read none. Altogether, this year I read about 30 books with a POC character/author, according to Goodreads.
- Read one lesfic/wlw book a month.
- Read 5 nonfiction books this year.
- Go on 3 friend dates.
- See 6 movies in the theater or try 6 new restaurants.
- If my novel is rejected by a publisher, start a new one!
Accomplished in 2018:
- I read 5 lesfic/wlw books this year. Which is better than 0 but very poor for a goal of 1 a month.
- Read 16 nonfiction books or memoirs this year. Go me!
- Went on 4 friend dates, if you count 2 lunches with co-workers.They were very friendly lunches!
- Then, I had 2 dates with a woman from OKCupid who asked me, on the second date, where I saw our relationship going.
- I think I saw 3-4 new movies and ate in 3-4 new restaurants. Not too shabby.
- I never submitted my novel to a publisher. I got real gun-shy about the whole thing and decided I needed to re-write the ending but never applied myself to actually do it. I did start two new novels, but haven’t finished either. Ah writing. It’s so fun and I hate it.
- Go to a yoga class.
- Do aerobic exercise 4 times a month.
- Be social. Meet friends outside of work 3 times.
- Get off the island more. Go to the arts center, the Korean restaurant and/or dinner theater.
- Read more non-romantic fiction. At least 12 books from other genres.