I got a robot vacuum!
I got a robot vacuum!
(via Bored Panda)
It’s my birthday! I gave up dairy because I’m old and my body isn’t working right so I can’t actually eat any cake. But all of you should eat some cake for me! Let’s all celebrate today!
Something is wrong with my digestion, so I decided to eliminate dairy from my diet for a few weeks and see if that helped. Well, frustratingly, a week plus into it and nothing has changed. This morning, I happened to look at the ingredients in my bread and behold: “this product contains milk.”
I accidentally sent a somewhat friend sad crying faces in response to her Instagram story featuring a pic of her kid. 😭😭😭
I don’t know what to do. Do I message her and say it was an accidental sad face response to her child? And look like some paranoid idiot who can’t social media? Do I do nothing and just let her think I hate all children and hers especially? Will I lie in bed thinking about this late at night?
Pumpkin is so cute and precocious and I love her but she totally destroyed my shoes! By chewing on them!
I made my avatar on the Mad Men avatar creator that came out in July 2009. I never even watched Mad Men. I just liked the style. And I used to smoke, so the profile pic fit.
I smoked from 16 to about 35ish. I don’t have an anniversary of quitting, as I didn’t really quit on a specific day or even year. I started trying to quit in my early 30s. I smoked, then I tried to stop, then I picked it up again, then I quit again, and so on, until it finally stuck.
I’m 39 in less than a month, single and childless, highly educated and gainfully employed. Sometimes, I’m this way because I chose it, and sometimes, I’m this way because life is weird and takes it’s own trajectory, regardless of your intentions. Am I in a rut or am I on a particularly rutted path?
The ten year anniversary gift is tin or aluminum, which seems fitting, for ten years on tumblr.
I’m not almost 40. I’m almost 39. But it feels so close, like I could just skip 39 entirely.
Here is what I said I would do in 2016:
Ok for real, get these 401Ks handled. 2016 is my year!
And yes, it sucks, but clean out my closets.
See a play. Go to a theater.
Read a m/m romance.
Go to the FDR memorial, finally
Here is what I actually accomplished:
- Uh, 401Ks still a mess.
- Not only cleaned out my closets, but my whole damn apartment! And then I moved!
- Did not see a play. Saw a lot of movies.
- Read a couple of m/m romances, thanks to @bookgeekgrrl‘s recommendations.
- Never went to the FDR memorial. Never went to any memorial, actually. Did go to a museum or two tho.
So… 2 out of 5. That’s kind of lame. But I did a lot of other shit with 2016! I got a new job, moved to a whole new state, read 200+ books, and watched Stranger Things, twice. I mean, good riddance to a shit year, but at least a few things went my way.
What should I do with 2017? Hmm..
- Go on three dates. Gotta make friends and be social in my new home.
- Submit my lesbian romance novel to a publisher.
- When the weather gets good, go swimming once a month!
- Finish my tattoo
- Read at least one book a month written by or starring a person of color
Here is what I accomplished in 2017:
- Went on 0 dates. Had one friend date with colleagues from work. Yeah, I suck at this socializing thing.
- Hahaha, submitting my book would mean finishing it and instead I decided to re-write the whole thing for Nanowrimo. Now I’m reconsidering the ending. But not actually writing it.
- I actually went to the beach! Not every month, but at least 3-4 times over the Spring and Summer!
- Tattoo finished! No, you can’t see it!
- I did not keep to the one book a month rule. Some months I read many books, others I read none. Altogether, this year I read about 30 books with a POC character/author, according to Goodreads.
- Read one lesfic/wlw book a month.
- Read 5 nonfiction books this year.
- Go on 3 friend dates.
- See 6 movies in the theater or try 6 new restaurants.
- If my novel is rejected by a publisher, start a new one!
Happy new year, Tumblr! Two out of three cats are in bed with me, ready to snooze through the beginning of 2019.